What information do we collect?
We only collect information when you fill out a form on our website(s).
Any data we request that is not required will be specified as voluntary or optional.
When requesting a reply back on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, and phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To process appointment requests
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the product or service requested by you.
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order or request, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, promotions, related product or service information, etc.
- To perform Telerehab
A full description of our telerehab program and terms of service can be found a https://www.maximumpotentialphysio.ca/telerehab-policy/.
In the case of telerehab, patient intake information may be collected through our website. Patient intake information may include:
- Patient name;
- Patient address;
- Patient phone number;
- Patient healthcare identification number / personal healthcare number;
- Patient email address;
- Emergency contact;
- Family physician name and contact;
- Information pertaining to Telerehab session including:
- Nature of the appointment (ie. what you need help with);
- Medical history;
The information collected through this website or any other vector for the purposes of Telerehab will only be used to process your appointment and by your physiotherapist or chiropractor to help you more proficiently. This information is private and will not be otherwise used or shared without your explicit consent.
Risks of using electronic communication
Several risks are imposed with the use of electronic communication, particularly in the case of Telerehab, where sensitive information may be given to one of our therapists through a number of different vectors including but not limited to phone, email or videoconferencing software. It is important to note that NO FORM OF ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION IS ENTIRELY SECURE AND YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE THE DISCLOSURE OF ANY INFORMATION ASKED OF YOU.
- Use of electronic communications to discuss sensitive information can increase the risk of such information being disclosed to third parties.
- Despite reasonable efforts to protect the privacy and security of electronic communication, it is not possible to completely secure the information.
- Employers and online Services may have a legal right to inspect and keep electronic communications that pass through their system.
- Electronic communications can introduce malware into a computer system, and potentially damage or disrupt the computer, networks, and security settings.
- Electronic communications can be forwarded, intercepted, circulated, stored, or even changed without the knowledge or permission of the Therapist or the patient.
- Even after the sender and recipient have deleted copies of electronic communications, back-up copies may exist on a computer system.
- Electronic communications maybe disclosed in accordance with a duty to report or a court order.
- Videoconferencing using Services such as Skype or FaceTime may be more open to interception than other forms of videoconferencing.
If the email or text is used as an e-communication tool, the following are additional risks:
- Email, text messages, and instant messages can more easily be misdirected, resulting in increased risk of being received by unintended and unknown recipients.
- Email, text messages, and instant messages can be easier to falsify than handwritten or signed hard copies. It is not feasible to verify the true identity of the sender, or to ensure that only the recipient can read the message once it has been sent.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, it may be mandatory to collect information to determine whether it is appropriate and safe to commence treatment. This information may include but is not limited to:
- Recent travel;
- Symptoms as it pertains to COVID-19;
- Current health status;
- Exposure to individuals who are positive for COVID-19.
The COVID-19 screening information will be used for screening purposes only, to determine whether it is appropriate to commence treatment during the COVID-19 pandemic. The information will not be used in any other way and will not be disclosed to any party outside of Maximum Potential Physio.
Online COVID-19 Screening Form
If you are uncomfortable disclosing this information through our website, please contact our clinic and we can offer an alternative screening method.
Alternative COVID-19 Screening Methods
Other vectors for screening may telephone conversation or emailed forms. The method may vary depending on what is most accessible to you and our clinic.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided
We use Google Analytics, Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google AdWords Conversion tracker, Facebook audiences, and other third party services that place cookies on a browser across the website. These cookies help us increase our website’s effectiveness for our visitors.. To opt out of Google tracking, please visit this page http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
- We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process online bookings and to send information, updates and reminders pertaining to online bookings.
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Links to Other non-Maximum Potential Physiotherapy Web Sites
This policy was last modified on July 04, 2018
1620 29 St NW #125
Federal Trade Commission Fair
Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act
Maximum Potential Physiotherapy Team